Here are some simple things you may not have thought about.
Breakouts or acne can be caused by multiple things. These include overproduction of oil from the oil glands beneath the pores of the skin, bacterial infections within the oil glands and hormonal influences on these glands.
To minimize the bacterial aspect of this, try doing the following:
– Change your pillow case frequently – turn your pillow case over after sleeping on one side.
– Wash your hair as frequently as possible, preferably every day but no less than every other day.
– Avoid using a washcloth more than once as germs can grow on washcloths and towels.
– Do not use loofahs or facial brushes as these are incubators for germs.
– Add liquid antibacterial soap to your shampoo to lessen scalp bacteria making their way to your face. Dr. Bussell’s Antibacterial Soap is frequently used for this.
– Dr. Bussell
Beverly Hills Dermatology Consultants
433 N. Camden Drive, Suite 805 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 | 310-550-7661